Welcome to the PTA Website!
This site has been designed to serve as a resource for parents, teachers and staff regarding PTA events, volunteer opportunities and school support efforts!
|STEP 1:||STEP 2:|
Note: Registering on the site and joining the PTA are 2 separate efforts.
Please do both to help us achieve 100% school participation!!
Holiday Cookie Exchange
Date: December 21
Cookie Drop-off: December 20 (pm) or December 21 (am)
This holiday season the PTA is organizing a “Cookie Exchange” for our fabulous White Oak teachers and staff to show them how much they are appreciated by the parents and students. The event will be held on Friday, December 21st.
Click WOES Cookie Exchange to get started.
To make this event successful, we need your participation! If you are not a baker and would still like to contribute, please contact Holly Owens or Jen Nelson for ideas on other ways of contributing. We will also love volunteers to help with cookie drop off and the event setup.
For those bringing in a favorite treat, here’s all you have to do:
- Bake two dozen (or more) of your favorite holiday cookies or dessert that can be picked up by hand
- Place them in a disposable container that can be opened
- Include your recipe on a 4x6 index card or email a copy of the recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org*
- Drop off the holiday treat during afternoon carpool on Thursday, December 20 or morning carpool on Friday, December 21
- Feel free to send in special notes of gratitude to our wonderful teachers and staff
If you have any questions, please contact Holly Owens.
Thank you for your anticipated participation!
* We would really appreciate it if you would send in a copy of the recipes (digital or hard copy) as we plan to post all the recipes online for the staff members to download/print. This will give the staff the opportunity to bake their favorites cookies as well as alleviate any allergy concerns.
Family Game Night
Date: January 10 (6-8pm)
Due to some newly discovered Wake County PTA rules, we will be unable to hold this event as originally planned. However, we are working on a different fun-filled, family-oriented event, so please stay tuned!
School-Wide Spelling Bee: January 25
We are proud to announce 2018-19 White Oak Elementary School Spelling Bee! We are excited to give our Explorers this opportunity to demonstrate their spelling skills in the tradition of robust academic competition.
For all registered participants, the schedule of upcoming events is as follows:
- December 17 – December 20: Third, Fourth & Fifth grade classes will hold a Classroom Spelling Bee. Specific dates for each class TBD. The winner and runner-up from each classroom will move on to the School-Wide Spelling Bee.
- January 25: School-Wide Spelling Bee (Inclement Weather Date: TBD)
- March 19: Wake County Spelling Bee for WOES winner
If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Boynton, Assistant Principal, at email@example.com
General Membership Meeting
Date: December 13 (6pm)
Save the date! We will be holding our first General PTA Meeting of the year on Thursday, December 13th at 6pm prior to the Winter concert. During this brief meeting, we will meet this year's board members and ratify our 2018-2019 PTA budget. We hope you can join us for this short, but important, meeting.
Spirit Wear Update
We wanted to provide an update to those of you who placed Spirit Wear orders at the end of October/beginning of November. The good news....the T-shirts have arrived. The bad news....the socks have not. We are following up with the sock vendor to determine the reason behind the delay and to get a new ETA. To limit confusion, we will distribute Spirit Wear orders once all the items have arrived. We will keep you posted on when we have a distribution date.
WOES Upcoming Events
PTA Board Members
We are so thankful to our sponsors for their generosity!