Welcome to the PTA Website!
This site has been designed to serve as a resource for parents, teachers and staff regarding PTA events, volunteer opportunities and school support efforts!
|STEP 1:||STEP 2:|
Note: Registering on the site and joining the PTA are 2 separate efforts.
Please do both to help us achieve 100% school participation!!
Spirit Night @ PDQ
Date: January 24 (4pm - 8pm)
Please join us for our Spirit Night at PDQ!
Our Spirit Night will take place on Thursday, January 24th between 4pm and 8pm. Whether you dine-in or take-out, PDQ will donate a percentage of the night's sales back to our school. All you need to do is tell your cashier that you are with White Oak Elementary. That's it!
Address: 9025 Winston Hill Drive, Cary, NC 27513
Parent Book Club
Start Date: January 18
Interested in joining a parent book club? Ms. LaPorta will be hosting WOE's first ever book club in the upcoming weeks. Parents will read and discuss the book,"Living With Intensity: Understanding the Sensitivity, Excitability, and the Emotional Development of Gifted Children, Adolescents, and Adults."
Here is some additional information about the book club:
- Participants must acquire their own copy of the book, "Living With Intensity: Understanding the Sensitivity, Excitability, and the Emotional Development of Gifted Children, Adolescents, and Adults" by Susan Daniels and Michael M. Piechowski.
- Any and all parents are welcomed to join. Your child does not have to be identified as gifted.
- The club will be a mix of on-line and face to face meetings. Most of the discussion will be online using Slack (this is an easy and free discussion platform), but the book club will meet face to face twice (once halfway through the book and once at the end of the book) for anyone who is able to come.
- The timeline will include one chapter a week, with an anchor question to discuss, but other appropriate questions and ideas are encouraged.
- Participants will be able to join the discussion according to their own schedule. The anchor question will go out on Friday, and a question for the next chapter will go out the following Friday. The first chapter's question will be distributed on Friday, January 18th.
If you are interested in joining the book club, please send your name, child’s name and child's teacher to Ms. LaPorta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WAKE Up and Read Book Drive
Dates: January 7 - February 15
We need your new and gently used children's books!
From January 7th - February 15th , WAKE up and Read will collect new and gently-used books for children ages birth-12. The goal is to collect 110,000 books – enough to share at 13 schools, as well as community centers and child care facilities across Wake County.
White Oak can make a difference in our community just by donating books! Please clear your cluttered shelves of books your kids have outgrown, or bring in favorites of your own, so that we can help Wake county children grow up loving books.
Look for the book collection bins in the Media Center – and please help us fill them!
Even if you don’t have any children’s books to bring in, you can purchase books to support the drive at local retailers, or through the WAKE Up and Read Amazon Wish List or make a donation through the WAKE Up and Read website.
For a copy of the WAKE Up and Read flyer, click HERE.
School-Wide Spelling Bee: January 25
We are proud to announce 2018-19 White Oak Elementary School Spelling Bee! We are excited to give our Explorers this opportunity to demonstrate their spelling skills in the tradition of robust academic competition.
For all registered participants, the schedule of upcoming events is as follows:
- January 25: School-Wide Spelling Bee (Inclement Weather Date: TBD)
- March 19: Wake County Spelling Bee for WOES winner
If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Boynton, Assistant Principal, at email@example.com
WOES Upcoming Events
PTA Board Members
We are so thankful to our sponsors for their generosity!