What is the PTA?
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is an organization of parents and teachers who work for the improvement of our school for the benefit of all students!
The mission of the White Oak Elementary PTA (WOE PTA) is to build strong relationships among parents, teachers, and staff in order to support the students and enrich their education and experience at White Oak Elementary.
Why should I join the PTA?
The main reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. With a growing school, what better time to jump in and get involved!
The National PTA cites the following as reasons YOU should join the PTA:
- Get Connected: There's no better way to know what is happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources: The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents and students.
- Tap into a Network: PTA sponsored events are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build connections, and discuss issues that are on our mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences with other parents and educators in community. The PTA also distributes a weekly newsletter, sends out fliers, and uses social media in order to keep the school community informed of events, issues, and accomplishments. Quarterly PTA meeting give PTA members an opportunity to not only share ideas with the PTA board and other members but also to vote on various issues.
- Speak Up: The PTA can be a way for you to effectively suggest changes at your school.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child's school, you will be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide for curriculum based programs, building/grounds improvements, and supporting teachers.
- Be a Role Mode: Becoming a PTA member is one way you can demonstrate to your child the importance you place on education and volunteer work.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits: Individuals can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefit providers and sponsors, e-newsletters and more. To learn more about these additional benefits on the NCPTA's website click here "member benefits."